Friday, January 8, 2010

Wisdom


"Love justice, you that are the judges of the earth. Think of the Lord in goodness and seek him in simplicity of heart." Wisdom 1:1


As I read this verse I couldn't help but think of my time spent in South India last year. I went to India hoping to bring my talents and gifts to help out those in need. A week into my four month journey I realized that I was the one in need of help. One of the reasons that I really liked this verse is because it links justice with simplicity of heart. I think that those two virtues often are seen as opposites. We have come to view simplicity as a dull, static, state of being. But it is just the opposite! Jesus calls us to come to Him with a simple heart, aware of our limits, our faults, our sins and through that awareness share in His work to bring the kingdom of God to earth. My time in India humbled me to the core of my being and brought me closer to Christ in ways I could not have imagined. The Bible shows us that it is through our simplicity, our humble nature, that we may begin to truly understand and seek Christ which will allow us to bring about justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment