Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Those cookies don't look very good

Today was our last religious education class so I decided to bring in some special treats for the kids. Having witnessed the effects of cupcakes, brownies, oreos and pop on small children, I decided to go with a healthier but hopefully equally tasty menu.

Well...the homemade blueberry muffins and home popped popcorn went over well but I thought I would share this gem in regard to my fresh out of the oven honey bee cookies (that I should mention I LOVED when I was a child).

Chris: Um Ms. Kate, I don't like these cookies
Brian: Oh man, I took 3 of them!
Andrew: Oh oh! Ms. Kate!!! (frantically waving his hand)
Kate: Yes Andrew
Andrew: Ms. Kate, I didn't take any of those cookies because I came in and looked at those cookies and thought "Those cookies don't look very good!"

I love first graders, where else can you get that kind of honesty? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment