Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If my camera was working....

I would take a picture of the amazing cheese bread or Pane con Formaggio that I made for dinner tonight.

It is amazing because
1. It requires almost no work
2. It requires no weird ingredients (just flour, salt, yeast, water, cheese and a little pepper)
3. It comes out extremely impressive and looks just like an artisan loaf
4. Did I mention there is almost no work involved??
5. It costs very little to make
6. It tastes soooooooo good

The recipe came out of Jim Lahey's cookbook "My Bread" which was a very sweet gift that was left on my doorstep a couple weeks a go by a very generous person.

Tomorrow night I am trying the Irish brown bread recipe which has Guinness in it...we will see how it tastes!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, sounds wonderful! I'm glad you get to try cooking so many different breads! I made Rose's fluffy biscuits the other day and was reminded of our little house. :)

    ReplyDelete